Friday, December 01, 2006

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

In honor of the snow that the Midwest has been experiencing, a winter favorite.

Caller: The roads are all white.
Me: Yes, it is snowing outside.
Caller: But I can't see the lines.
Me: Yes, that is because it is snowing outside.
Caller: Well what are you going to do about it?
Me: Well at this point, nothing can be done. I would advise not driving if you cannot see the lines and are concerned about the snow on the road.

If I recall correctly, this caller hung up on me.

4 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

I'd have hung up on the caller after the "ican't see the white lines" bit. But I'm old and cranky.

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these stories. Come check out mine: http://10-9.blogspot.com/

12:21 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

How about the callers that ask what the roads are like from here to ***(5 or 6 counties over). I hardly know what the roads are like in my own county....being that I am stuck inside.
One night I had an officer ask me for a road and weather report. It was 3am and I had been at my desk for 10 hours. I keyed up the mic and replied, "It's warm and dry in here" there was silence on the other end. I knew the officer had a good sence of humor and we laughed about it.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Brina said...

I got routed to your site by Rebecca (5150 World) I appreciate your stories very much. Check mine out if you like. I have a post called "Ode to an Idiot: A dispatcher's Guide to the Public"

you'll find me at chicaschaos.blogspot.com :)

Brina C.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home