Saturday, July 29, 2006

You Don't Live in a 50's Sitcom

I would like to thank Nick at Night for perpetuating the idea that firefighters' main capacity is to retrieve animals from trees. I'm thinking the next time I get a call from someone whose cat is in the tree, under the house, or in the attic I am going to advise looking up Leave It To Beaver in the yellow pages and see what happens (my guess is that about 10 minutes later the caller will call back stating they cannot find the number and 411 doesn't have it either).

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I always try to say, very gently, "I'm really not sure what a police officer will be able to do that you can't do." hoping this will wake them up, but it never does. Apparently they thing officers have an extra talent for Cat Whispering....

1:46 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I just posted a similar story. love reading your blog

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home