Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Noisy Neighbors

So I take a call from someone whose apartment floor is on fire. He says he cannot get out and is on the balcony with three other people. I advise that the fire department is on the way and to stay on the balcony and wave down the firefighters. I then take a call from somebody in the same apartment building who happens to live directly below the apartment that is on fire. This gentleman is calling in a noise complaint. I told him that his upstairs neighbors had a fire in their apartment and that is why they were being loud. His response to this is "but they are loud all the time."

I made the command decision not to care, told the caller no officer would be responding to take his noise complaint, and advised he evacuate the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home